Saturday, September 19, 2015

Miss Panda



Not all Tattoos have an equal level of significance.
Some for family, others friends, yet others for a special memory.  

Like many, Kelsey has a number of tattoos dedicated to her family. 

The three big stars are for her mom, dad and brother each of the others for uncles, aunts and other who passed away. 

Their prominent placement has her frequently explaining their significance. 
Less visible is a large Panda on her side. This is mostly seen at the beach when her mid-section is exposed. 


Why the amazing Panda?


...  when I worked with a carnival as a ride-tech they gave me the nickname "Panda". 

A co-worker said I look cute and cuddly like a Panda, but truth be told a Panda is a wild animal and can tear you limb from limb. 

I too have a tough side and when pushed too far will lash out.  That name kinda stuck. 

Me and a tattoo artist designed it together. She free handed it on my rib but each step was looked at by me first. 

Today it reminds me I'm a complex and interesting lady with many facets. 

One of these is also my love of music and the soothing effect it has on me.  




I have had counts of depression and found music could be more of a comfort to me than other people. Others can be self centered, sometimes even cruel and judgemental.  

The tattoos on my back signify my love of music and its deep importance to me and my soul.





No comments: