Monday, September 07, 2015

First Breath



When I first ask about a tattoo – I often get a simple “Oh, that is for my daughter” or get some other quick reason. Only when I probe deeper do I find the real story that often inspires us; that more profound story we secretly wanna share with the world. That is what Tattoo Tales is all about.  

Tania shared…

My daughter is Elly and I have her little hand tattooed on my on my left shoulder. Like any mother I love her of course. So what prompted this tattoo ... I got it because my baby was not breathing when she was born.  

I was beside myself. They started to suction her lungs.  Nothing happened, they had to do twice and then her 1st sign of life was her hand moving. 


It was the longest 30 sec of my life; not knowing if my baby was going to start breathing.

Ever since then I have always loved her little hands. She is now 6 ½ and still measures her hand against my tattoo.

No comments: